Balancing your gut is the key to optimizing your health
The gastrointestinal (GI) tract, often referred to as the gut, plays a vital role in various aspects of our well-being.
● Nutrient Absorption: The gut is responsible for absorbing and transporting essential nutrients from food into our bloodstream. A healthy gut lining and efficient digestive system ensure optimal absorption of nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients
● Immune function: A significant portion of our immune system is housed in the gut. A well-balanced gut microbiota helps regulate and support immune function.
● Digestive Health: A healthy gut contributes to proper digestion and regular bowel movements, and reduces the risk of digestive disorders
● Mental health: The gut and the brain are interconnected through the gut-brain axis. The gut microbiota produce neurotransmitters, such as serotonin and dopamine, which play a crucial role in regulating mood, emotions, as well as anxiety and depression.
● Inflammation and disease prevention: A balanced gut and a healthy gut lining can help prevent excessive inflammation, which can be linked with various diseases, including autoimmune conditions, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and certain cancers.
Terrain will work with you - to create a unique personalized plan to balance your gut, Our mission is to transform lives through our proactive, personalized and participatory approach to healthcare. Terrain’s goal is to educate, inspire and teach self-care to patients so they can heal from the inside out.
Overall, to support gut health, it is important to maintain a balanced diet rich in fiber, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, as these promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria. Regular exercise, managing stress levels, avoiding excessive antibiotic use, and getting adequate sleep also contribute to a healthy gut.
The gut microbiome's influence over health and disease has been extensively researched over the years.
Gut health affects, literally, everything in your body, serving as a communication center and disease fighter. Your gut directly impacts your nervous and immune systems, as well as your mental health and digestive functions. As a result of the strong connection between the gut and our overall body systems, a healthy gut is essential for overall well-being.
“All disease begins in the gut”. — Hippocrates
While relatively new to Terrain Health, I can honestly say I left the office with an absolute sense of relief. Dr. Rose and her team really leave no stone unturned getting to the root of the problem.
~ Laura B.
We provide every patient with the best chance to live long, active, and happy lives.
As Featured on Podcasts:
The Perfect Stool Podcast
Metagenomic Gut Sequencing with Dr. Robin Rose
Wellness Mama Podcast
Click Below to Listen!
A Cyster & Her Mister
The gut-hormone connection for PCOS with Dr. Robin Rose!