The Keys to Metabolic Health
Too much sugar: We current eat nearly 10x more sugar daily than we did 100 years ago. This eventually leads to excess glucose.
Too much food: We eat more food than ever before yet our bodies have not evolved to handle this level of incoming energy.
Ultra processed foods and beverages causing metabolic imbalance
We are more sedentary than ever.
Not getting enough sleep
Increased environmental and synthetic toxin exposure, including plastics in food, fabrics and cosmetics. Toxins interfere with how our body uses and extracts energy.
- Get gut healthy- metabolic health intricately linked to your gut microbiome
- Make smart food choices- both quantity and quality of food we eat matter. Reducing our sugar consumption, eating lots of fruit, veggies, whole grains and proteins, while avoiding processed foods helps. Focus on appropriate portion sizes so our bodies can handle the levels of incoming energy.
- Aim for high-quality sleep
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce Stress - aim for a positive mindset, and practice fulfillment
- Stay hydrated
- Enjoy sunshine and nature
Optimizing your Metabolic Health with Terrain
We provide every patient with the best chance to live long, active, and happy lives.
As Featured on Podcasts:
A Cyster & Her Mister
The gut-hormone connection for PCOS with Dr. Robin Rose!
Wellness Mama Podcast
Click Below to Listen!