Makes 2 servings
This healthy, filling, protein-packed breakfast is super easy to make and tastes like a slice of pumpkin pie straight from the Thanksgiving table! With amazing ingredients, this recipe is a great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and anti-oxidants, providing several health benefits, including improving digestion and heart health, regulating blood sugar and lowering inflammation. Make a few jars on Sunday night and keep them covered in the fridge for up to a week. Nosh on them when you don’t have time to cook in the mornings, take them to work to enjoy or just eat them as a snack or dessert!
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin (fresh or canned with no sugar)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup plain organic Greek yogurt (omit if dairy-free or sub with dairy-free yogurt)
- ¼ tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ground Flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp. Hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. Chia seeds
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. Sea salt
- 2-3 tsp. raw honey
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats or Steel Cut Oats
- ¼ cup chopped Walnuts
- Optional additional toppings: More Walnuts, Pecans, berries, drizzle honey
- In a glass jar (I use a wide mouth mason jar) combine pumpkin, yogurt, and milk. Then add remaining ingredients and stir to combine/shake jar.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours or overnight.
- The following morning stir well before eating to evenly distribute the oats.
- Add any other desired toppings of choice.
- Add an extra drizzle of honey if more sweetness is preferred.
- You may enjoy the oats cold, or place in a small saucepan and heat for a few minutes to warm.