Don’t let the avocado fool you, this chocolate pudding is amazing!!! Not only is it rich and creamy but it’s made with delicious and nutritious ingredients so you’re getting lots of health benefits at the same time! A decadent dessert, that’s healthy, gluten and dairy-free AND 100% kid/teen approved.
- 4 very ripe avocados
- ¼ cup plain, chocolate or vanilla non-dairy milk of choice at room temperature (we used almond milk)
- 3-5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Navitas Organics)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (we used Equal Exchange Chocolate Chips)
- ¼ cup honey
- Cut avocados and scoop flesh from each half into a food processor or a blender. Avoid any stringy pieces of very dark patches.
- Add the milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. Cover and process or blend until fully combined and avocado is smooth, about 45 seconds. Set aside.
- Put chocolate chips in a double boiler and melt until smooth and free from any lumps. alternatively, melt chocolate in a small saucepan over another small saucepan.
- Add honey to the melted chocolate and stir until completely combined and smooth. It will begin to thicken as you stir.
- Add the melted chocolate/honey to the avocado mixture in the processor or blender. Cover and blend for 1 minute. Uncover and scrape down the sides of the bowl or blender. Cover and process again. Taste and add more honey if needed. Repeat until smooth.
- Scoop the pudding into a large bowl or divide into 4 ramekins or cups. Serve and enjoy or cover and chill to enjoy later.
- Let cool and enjoy!