One of the few things my kids agree on is that this is the best turkey chili and their favorite meal I make! Even the pickiest eater will want this deliciously rich and thick comfort food all year long. It’s super easy to make as well as double for leftovers during the week, freeze for future meals or to make for crowds!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 orange or red pepper, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, sliced for garnish
- 1 lb. organic ground turkey
- 5 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 can (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 2 – 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add in onion, garlic and peppers and sauté until softened and onions are translucent about 5-7 min.
- Add the ground turkey to the pot and cook until meat is no longer pink. Break the meat up while your cooking.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Add the tomatoes, broth and beans. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 min or longer so chili will thicken and flavors will come together.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste
- When serving garnish with a few slices of jalapeno and enjoy!