Kale + Sweet Potatoes = YUM
- 2-3 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Avocado
- 3 cups chopped Kale
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons Pomegranate Seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for massaging
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Red-Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 minced Garlic Clove
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan.
- Slice sweet potatoes thinly, in a large bowl toss with coconut oil, salt and cinnamon. Place potatoes in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheet or silpat baking mat. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, checking them after 20 minutes and flipping them over.
- Some of the potatoes may start to brown before the others if they are thinner so remove those while letting the other chips cook until the edges start to brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the kale in a large bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and massage until kale turns bright green.
- Add the avocado, sesame and pomegranate seeds to the kale.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together dressing ingredients.
- Plate salad and top with roasted sweet potatoes.