A delicious and filling winter salad is one of my favorite ways to get all the food I want to eat on one plate! This gut health-promoting combo is packed with healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, most B vitamins, and vitamin C. Gluten and dairy-free and perfect for a meatless Monday meal or a hearty whole foods based side.
- 2 sweet potatoes cut lengthwise into fries
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- freshly squeezed lemon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Avocado or coconut oil or Ghee
- Olive oil
- Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta (You can use organic feta or goat cheese if not avoiding dairy)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle, spray or toss sweet potato fries with avocado or melted coconut oil or ghee. Season with salt and pepper and place on baking sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, put arugula in a bowl and massage with a little olive oil, lemon and coconut aminos.
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven. To assemble the salad, plate the potatoes and top with arugula, chopped walnuts, chopped avocado, crumbled ricotta, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!